Purpose - Internal sanitary washing of technological equipment and pipelines of food industry, biology industry, pharmacology
Control mode - Automatic, Manual
Purpose of functionThe CIP-unit with one or several independent cleaning loops is designed for internal sanitary cleaning of technological equipment and pipelines at food-production or microbiology enterprises.
It is the optimal solution when cleaning objects have similar features: tanks up to 10 cubic meters, or filling lines, or pipelines up to DN 80.
Mode of cleaning processCirculation, return and re-use of cleaning solutions (with concept of central CIP-station).
Mode of operation control
Examples of installation and operation*
Over 20 different CIP-Units based on LM-10 model have been installed and are successfully operating at several food-production enterprises. For more details on such projects please check page “Media release”.
Available types of cleaning programs
- only lye solution;
- only acid solution;
- lye + acid solution;
- sanification (thermal/chemical).
General construction features of the basic unit modelFactory assembled unit consists of:
- rectangular tank with thermal insulation coat, divided in three separate compartments:
(P1) – for lye cleaning solution;
(P2) – for acid cleaning solution;
(P3) – for water.
- centrifugal pump;
- tubular (or plate) heat exchanger (with steam as heating agent);
- dosing device for concentrated cleaning and sanification solutions;
- pipe-lines, couplings, fittings, valves with pneumatic (or manual) actuators;
- electric switch cabinet (IP 54);
Key technological functions
- Cleaning solutions and sent to the object of cleaning, and after circulation (or else after direct running) in the loop - the cleaning solutions are drained into sewage;
- In-line heating-up of the cleaning solution and maintaining the preset temperature during circulation;
- In-line preparation (dilution) of cleaning/sanification solution and maintaining of the preset concentration %;
- Monitoring and automatic control of set-points and technological parameters at each step of the cleaning cycle.
Key functions of automatic mode
- logic software control of actuators, drives and pumps during runtime of the chosen cleaning program;
- automatic adjustment of temperature of the cleaning solution;
- automatic adjustment of concentration of the cleaning and sanification solution;
- automatic adjustment of the runtime of the process step;
- data archiving and technological register logging.
The basic components of CIP-unit control system brands are: SIEMENS, OMRON, FESTO, SMC, etc.
Key functions of manual mode
- manual control of the pump;
- manual control of valves for flow direction and distribution;
- automatic stop of the pump by signal of level transmitters in the compartments of the tank;
- automatic adjustment of cleaning solution temperature in the loop;
- dosing of concentrated cleaning/sanification solutions for obtaining the preset concentration in the loop;
- automatic control and visualization on the operator’s panel of key technological parameters: cleaning program, temperature of cleaning solution in the feeding and return points of the loop; duration of the cleaning cycle steps; alarm messages;
- visual control of the actual parameters during the program runtime;
- coordination of the return pump function;
- linking of margin level signals from transmitters in the compartments of the tank.
List of required utilities:
- cold water;
- hot water;
- compressed air.
Power supply requirements:
- Installed capacity – up to 7,5 kW
- Voltage - 380 V
- Frequency – 50 Hz